I came so close to not even posting this recipe for Nanny’s Zucchini Bread. This zucchini bread is something that my Nanny has been making for as far back as I remember. Every single summer my Nanny and Papa have had a garden, and they always grow zucchini in that garden. Nanny always uses those zucchini to make this bread that we all go crazy over. I can not remember ever going on a vacation with my family that Nanny did not bring this. We actually ask for this so often, that I am pretty sure she keeps a freezer full of it so that she has some ready to go at all times. I decided that I would share this recipe, because I know how much she loves to share this bread, so I think (hope) that Nanny will be glad I shared the recipe here!
You know that when your recipe looks like the one below, that its a good one!
Slice this bread up, warm it up if you need to and top it with a little butter. You are going to be so very happy that you made it! This is also really good for breakfast with some peanut butter on top. I’ll tell Nanny you said thank you!
Products I recommend for Nanny’s Zucchini Bread:
Nanny’s Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups zucchini grated approximately 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease two loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, sugar, grated zucchini and vanilla. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour equal amounts of the batter into each loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.