Almost always, here in America, you will find an Asian dish served with either rice or noodles. While I love both rice and noodles, I like to mix things up. I decided to take one of the other more popular starches and add a little Asian flair to it. These Crispy Roasted Asian Potatoes are seasoned just perfectly to give you all the flavor you could want and also a nice kick of spice. Serve these potatoes just about any meat for a unique and delicious meal that is sure to add a little excitement to your dinner rotation.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Use whatever potatoes you have on hand. I prefer to use small potatoes like fingerling, new potatoes or red potatoes, but you could use a regular old russet potato and be just fine. Just be sure to dice any potato that you use into bite size pieces.
- Be sure to let these potatoes cool for about five minutes before digging in. This will both: keep you from burning the life out of your mouth, and also it will allow the potatoes to continue to crisp up.
- Top these with a drizzle of sriracha mayo, some kimchi or even some sweet chili sauce for an extra kick of flavor.
Other recipes that will go great with my Crispy Roasted Asian Potatoes:
Easy Blistered Shishito Peppers
Baked Marinated Asian Pork Chops
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Crispy Roasted Asian Potatoes
- 2 lbs small potatoes diced into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- cilantro and green onion for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400° and have a large baking sheet ready.
- Toss the diced potatoes in the sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, cayenne powder, cumin and chili powder. Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with cilantro and green onion to serve.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Mashed Red Potatoes, Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges, Simple Roasted Potatoes or my Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!
4 thoughts on “Crispy Roasted Asian Potatoes – Easy & Flavorful”
These were delicious. I cook lots of Asian dishes and was tired of rice. I was making Pok-Pok chicken wings (a Vietnamese wing) and wanted a different side. Doubled your recipe and they were gone before the next day. 3 hungry guys scarfed them up.
Quite spicy and I even cut the cayenne pepper to 1/4 tsp, next time I’ll leave it out