This Gnocchi with Bacon & Peas is one of those recipes that looks and tastes like something that took a while to prepare, but in reality it only took about 20 minutes. This is a great dish to prepare for dinner guests (double the recipe!), or just for a quick weeknight meal. This easy meal is loaded with peas, bacon, gnocchi and a fantastic creamy sauce. Serve this with a fresh salad or all on it’s own and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Gnocchi with Bacon & Peas:
- Either store bought or homemade gnocchi will work for this recipe. I typically use store bought for this just because of convenience, but there really isn’t anything like fresh homemade pasta.
- The peas in this dish can be swapped out for green beans, spinach or even kale. You may need to adjust your cooking times based on what you use.
- You could also add some onion to the pan when you are sautéing the bacon. I prefer to have this gnocchi without onion, but many people have said that it goes great with this.
These are some recipes that would go great with this recipe:
Rosemary Parmesan Focaccia Bread
Arugula Salad with Lemon and Shaved Parmesan
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Gnocchi with Bacon & Peas
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, boil the gnocchi according to the package instructions.
- When the bacon is crispy, add the garlic to the pan and sautee 2 minutes longer. Add the chicken broth, cream, peas, salt, pepper and thyme to the pan. Sautee until the peas are hot.
- When the peas are hot, add the gnocchi and parmesan to the pan and toss until well combined.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Spicy Gnocchi with Tomato Cream Sauce, The Best Alfredo Sauce or my Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo with Spinach and Sun-dried Tomatoes.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon. – Regan