I feel like having a great macaroni and cheese recipe is a necessity. Mac and cheese is one of those foods that almost everyone loves. Kids and adults alike go crazy for the stuff, and it is a great side dish for almost any meal. It can also be an excellent main course all on its own! Anytime there is a cookout, potluck or any event where people are bringing covered dishes, mac and cheese is a no-brainer. This Baked Havarti and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese recipe uses creamy, buttery havarti and ultra flavorful cheddar to create the ultimate sauce.
I am all about baking macaroni and cheese, because I love those little browned bits that form on the top. I also think it really helps the noodles to absorb the cheese sauce, and all of the other flavors to pop out even more. Before you bake this, the sauce is going to seem very liquidy. That’s okay! The sauce will evaporate and thicken while it is baking, and the end result is going to make you want to hide in the pantry and have this all to yourself!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Baked Havarti and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese:
- Macaroni pasta
- Worcestershire sauce
- Havarti cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Baked Havarti and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni cooked and drained according to package directions
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz havarti shredded
- 8 oz sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 375º and grease a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large sauce pan over low heat and melt the butter. Add in the flour and whisk well until smooth. Add in the milk, worcestershire sauce and salt. Increase the heat to medium-high and whisk continuously until the milk begins to boil. Add the cheeses and continue to whisk until the cheese is completely melted. Once The cheese is melted, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- Combine the noodles and sauce and pour them into the baking dish (the sauce will be VERY liquidy. This is okay!). Bake UNCOVERED in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the top is beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Cacio e Pepe, Pepperoni Pizza Mac & Cheese or The Best Alfredo Sauce.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you for your support!
1 thought on “Baked Havarti and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese”