With life so crazy lately, I have been trying to come up with recipe ideas for dinner that I can prepare ahead of time but that will still be delicious when dinner time rolls around. This potato salad is great because it is so versatile. It is delicious if you serve it right away, and it is also amazing if you have it chilled hours later. This would be great for anything from a weeknight dinner to a barbecue this summer.
This dish has so many flavors jumping out at once, that it is definitely a far cry from the potato salad that you are used to. The crisp and peppery arugula, the sweet and tangy balsamic and the sweet red onion all work together to create a unique and mouthwatering potato salad that will be my new go-to.
Please let me know how this potato salad turns out for you in the comments, and please enjoy!
Balsamic Parmesan Potato Salad with Arugula
- 2 lbs red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 oz baby arugula
- Wash and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook the potatoes until fork tender (about 12 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain them and set aside.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the diced red onion, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes and the dressing. Add in the parmesan cheese and toss again. Add in the arugula and toss slightly. Serve warm or chilled.