Hello! My name is Regan and I am obsessed with ricotta cheese! I absolutely love the stuff. To be honest, I could eat it straight out of the container by the spoonful, but I TRY not to do that often. This Easy Ricotta Chicken is a made from scratch recipe with a short ingredient list, a super satisfying taste and it is also low in carbs and just healthy overall. Serve this chicken with some fresh veggies or a salad to keep things low carb, or with some whole wheat pasta to get a healthy dose of fiber.
Here are some tips for making my Easy Ricotta Chicken:
- You can buy the pre-sliced thin chicken breast cutlets at the grocery store, or you can buy regular boneless skinless chicken breasts and slime them yourself. I usually opt for the second option because it is a little more budget friendly.
- If you would rather use a pre-made pasta sauce, that is fine! Just spread the pasta sauce out in the skillet and then lay the seasoned chicken on top.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd or if you would like leftovers!
- To make this recipe a little more mild or spicier, you can alter the amount of crushed red pepper that you use (or even eliminate it).
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Low Carb Chicken Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Diced tomatoes
- Thin sliced chicken breasts
- Ricotta cheese
I recommend the following products for this one dish ricotta chicken recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Ricotta Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 33.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts thin sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper and italian seasoning. Sautee for 2 minutes, or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and sautee for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher, mash the tomatoes slightly. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato sauce. Spread the ricotta on top of the chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Jumbo Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, Pizza Chicken Skillet, Easy Skillet Lasagna or my Easy Lasagna Soup.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!
2 thoughts on “Easy Ricotta Chicken – Low Carb and So Delicious!”
I think you have a typo above where you mean to say slice the chicken and you say slime 😉
Thank you! This worked out so well. I found your recipe right when I needed a last minute quick dinner. I did slice my chicken but I think I did the slices too thick. I did have to cook it a bit longer. I added a bit of parm on top.