Potatoes are the ultimate side dish. I will argue that to my death. I love all kinds of other sides – veggies, rice, salad and all the other options. There aren’t many things that I won’t eat, but if I had to choose one side to have for the rest of my life, it would be POTATOES! These Easy Smashed Potatoes are a great way to make your potatoes a little different and they are absolutely irresistible. With a soft and buttery interior and a crisp and salty exterior these smashed potatoes will keep you coming back for more!
Here are some tips for making my Easy Smashed Potatoes:
- You can use whatever small potatoes you have for this recipe. I like to use small gold potatoes, fingerling potatoes or red potatoes. If you only have larger potatoes, you can cut those in half before boiling them.
- If you would prefer, you can use butter instead of the olive oil, or you can use a combination of the two.
- Garlic, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley are three other ingredients that you could add to this recipe to take it to the next level.
- DO NOT skimp on the salt in this recipe (unless you need to for health reasons of course!). The salty and crispy exterior is the best part of these potatoes!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this delicious roasted potato recipe:
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
I recommend the following products for this scrumptious side dish:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs small potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil Separated
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Wash the potatoes and put them in a large stockpot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the potatoes until they are fork tender (about 20 minutes). Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Drain the potatoes in a collander. Brush 1 tbsp of the olive oil on a baking sheet and ensure that it is coated. Put the potatoes on the baking sheet. Using a potato masher or the back of a fork, smash the poatoes down until they are about ¼inch thick. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support.