This Instant Pot Beef Ragu with Pappardelle requires only a few minutes of prep time, and the end result is a delicious, hearty and elegant pasta dish that will impress any dinner guest. I love super easy recipes that yield amazing results, and this is definitely one of those. Serve these with a fresh salad, warm bread and a bottle of wine and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Instant Pot Beef Ragu with Pappardelle:
- If you are having a hard time finding flank steak, flat iron steaks can also be used in this recipe.
- This beef ragu can also be made in the slow cooker if you would prefer. To do this, you will want to cook everything on low for 8 hours.
- The pappardelle pasta can be substituted for any other pasta, but I recommend large, thick noodles like rigatoni.
- If you would like, you can freeze a portion of the ragu for later. To do this you will put the sauce in a freezer safe container and allow it to cool completely in the refrigerator before moving it to the freezer for up to 3 months.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this easy pasta recipe:
- Flank steak
- Crushed tomatoes
- Beef broth
- Crushed red pepper
- Bay leaves
- Pappardelle pasta
I recommend the following products for this hearty dish:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Instant Pot Beef Ragu with Pappardelle
- 1½ lbs flank steak cut (against the grain) into 4 pieces
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 medium carrot diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- pinch crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 16 oz pappardelle pasta
- parmesan & ricotta for topping
- Lightly spray the inner pot of the instant pot with cooking spray. Place the steak in the bottom of the pot and then top it with the: garlic, salt, pepper, tomatoes, broth, carrot, thyme, red pepper and bay leaves. Place the top on the instant pot and seal the vent. Pressure cook on high for 40 minutes.
- Allow the pot to do a natural release for 15 minutes and then quick release if necessary. Remove the bay leaves and discard. Remove the beef from the instant pot, shred it and return it to the pot.
- Boil and drain the pasta on the stove according to the package instructions. Toss the pasta with the sauce until well coated. Serve immediately and top with parmesan and ricotta as desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!