Easy slow cooker meals like this one are lifesavers during the week. Making this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken is as simple as putting the ingredients in the slow cooker, setting it and walking away. This is a very versatile recipe that can be served in many ways. We like to enjoy it served over rice and topped with hot salsa, guacamole, pico de Gallo, sour cream or shredded cheese. This would also be delicious in a tortilla, on a salad, stuffed in an avocado or served with your favorite low carb option. Go ahead and add this recipe to your arsenal of super easy family friendly slow cooker meals!
Tips for making this recipe:
- We like things spicy, so I always use hot canned diced tomatoes with green chilies habaneros. You can use the regular or even the mild depending on your personal preference.
- Don’t skip throwing the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker for 30 minutes at the end. This will give the shredded chicken time to absorb all of the juices and flavors.
- Feel free to add in any of your favorite spices or vegetables. If I have some jalapeños or habaneros on hand, I may mince them and toss them in. You may also want to add additional salt or cumin at the end depending on your taste.
Recipes that would go great with this one:
Products I recommend for my Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken
- Slow cooker
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies NOT drained
- 1½ cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the lime juice and cilantro to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro to the slow cooker and stir in. Enjoy!