Cheesecake, cinnamon and sugar – these are three of my favorite things, and when you combine them magical things can happen! These Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars require just a few simple ingredients and they come together so effortlessly that you just may find yourself making them way too often. A basic cheesecake filling is spread between flaky crescent dough and it is all topped with a buttery cinnamon sugar topping. You can even get crazy and top these bars with any of your favorite fruits, syrups or sauces. Save this recipe as it is a great one to make for parties and pot lucks!
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you can find the sheets of crescent dough rather than the cans of precut dough, definitely use that! I have a hard time finding the uncut dough, but I always grab some when I see it.
- It doesn’t need to be perfect. I have nearly gone crazy before trying to get my crescent dough perfect in the bottom of the dish and also on top of the cream cheese. This ins’t necessary though. When the dough bakes up, it all comes together just fine.
- These bars can be enjoyed warm without an issue. In my opinion, though, they are much better when served cold.
- If you are serving these bars to a group of people, have a copy of the recipe ready to go. Everyone is going to ask for it!
Products I recommend for my Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cans crescent rolls 8 oz each
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar separated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Open one can of the crescents. DO NOT separate them. Spread the sheet of crecent dough out in the bottom of the dish and pinch the seams together.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread this mixture over the crescent dough.
- Open the second can of crescents and spread it out on top of the cream cheese mixture. Pinch the seams again.
- Pour the melted butter over the crescent dough. Mix the remaining ½ cup of sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle it over the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Cinnamon Twists with Vanilla Icing, Individual No-Bake Cheesecakes or my Honey Bun Cake.
1 thought on “Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars – Cinnamon Sugar Dessert”