In my family, we like to do A LOT of baking around the holidays. One of our favorite Christmas recipes is Christmas Crack. It is a sweet and salty treat made with saltine crackers topped with a caramelized mixture and then chocolate. You let the whole thing harden and then CRACK it before enjoying. I decided to take that treat and put a different spin on it to create Halloween Crack. This is a great treat for any Halloween party or just to enjoy at home. Try it out today!
Here are some tips for making my Halloween Crack:
- You can really top this with anything you would like! Nuts, marshmallows or any color sprinkles work great. You could even crush up some of your favorite candy bars and use those!
- This keeps for up to a week in an airtight container on the counter or even longer in the fridge. You could also freeze it to enjoy later.
- Be careful when adding the vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. You will want to allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the vanilla as it could pop if it is too hot.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this saltine cracker candy:
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
These are some products that I recommend for this sweet and salty dessert:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
- 40 saltine crackers or enough to cover your pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Halloween sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay out saltine crackers on the baking sheet in a single layer. You will need about 40-50 saltines to cover the baking sheet.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the brown sugar and stir. Cook until the mixture begins to bubble, mixing often. Remove from heat and add the salt and vanilla. Be careful as the vanilla could cause the mixture to splatter if it is too hot.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crackers and spread it out ensuring that the crackers are all covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Return to the oven for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the chocolate out being sure to cover all of the crackers. Top with the halloween sprinkles. Place in the fridge or freezer and allow to cool until hard. CRACK and serve!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Funfetti Cheesecake Halloween Cookies, Halloween Monster Popcorn – Perfect for Parties & Gift Bags or my White Chocolate Christmas Mix – AKA Christmas Crack.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!