This Chicken Caesar Salad with an Easy Homemade Dressing and Parmesan Crisps is a great way to get a healthy, low carb (Only 4 net!), preservative free and delicious meal. Making this salad is really pretty simple, and it doesn’t take much time. I have replaced the croutons that are usually found in a Caesar salad with homemade parmesan crisps to add a fantastic crispy texture without adding unnecessary carbs. This is a great way to have a guilt free meal without sacrificing flavor. Feel free to swap the chicken out with any of your other favorite meats. This is a great recipe for any diet, especially those follow a Keto lifestyle.
Tips for making this recipe:
- For the dressing, use one or two lemons worth of juice depending on how much lemon flavor you would like. I like mine extra lemony, so I always use two lemons.
- Go ahead substitute the chicken with any one of your favorite proteins. Steak, shrimp, fish, steak or anything else will be delicious as well. You can even leave off the meat all together for a vegetarian dish.
- This recipe can be simplified even more by making the dressing ahead of time and refrigerating. The parmesan crisps can also be made ahead of time and keep covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
Other recipes that will go great with my Chicken Caesar Salad:
Rosemary Parmesan Focaccia Bread
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chicken Caesar salad with Easy Homemade Dressing and Parmesan Crisps
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 romaine hearts roughly chopped
- 5 oz shaved parmesan
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spoon the grated parmesan into 8 equal sized mounds. Press the cheese down using the back of the spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese becomes golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the skillet for approximately 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Move to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Add the cut romaine and shaved parmesan to a large bowl. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the bowl. Pour the caesar dressing in and toss until everything is coated with dressing.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and top each with two parmesan crisps.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Southwest Chicken Salad, Four Ingredient Baked Chicken, Bruschetta Chicken or my Caprese Chicken Pesto Salad.
1 thought on “Chicken Caesar salad with Easy Dressing & Parmesan Crisps”