My mom is a pretty picky eater, but one thing that she absolutely loves is nuts! It is always a safe bet to give her nuts as a gift. I am honestly not a huge fan, but when she came to visit us this most recent time, I knew I should make her something special. I decided to make her some Candied Pecans because I know how much she loves them, and I also knew they would be great in my pantry until the next time she came to visit. This recipe is sweet, salty and flavorful and it is perfect for enjoying as a snack, adding on top of sweet potatoes or salads or even giving to your friends as a gift around the holidays.
Here are some tips for making my Recipe for Candied Pecans:
- I prefer to use unsalted pecans for this recipe so that the end result isn’t too salty, and also so that I can control the amount of salt that is used.
- I typically prefer light brown sugar, but you can feel free to use dark if that is all that you have on hand.
- These candied pecans can be kept in an airtight container at room temperate for up to a month, or frozen for up to 6 months.
These are the ingredients that you will need for these Candied Pecans for a gift, snack or salad:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Egg white
- Pecan halves
These are some products that I recommend for this candied nut recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- 4 cups pecan halves unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugars, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, water and vanilla until it becomes foamy. Add in the pecans and toss to coat. Add in the sugar mixture and toss until the pecans are well coated.
- Spread the pecans out on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 35 minutes. Toss the pecans a couple times while baking to ensure even caramelization.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Butter Pecan Poke Cake – Easy & with a Delicious Crunch!, Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies – Easy & Beautiful! or my Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes – Ready in 15 Minutes!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!