Peanut butter cookies have always been one of my favorites! I feel like they are a timeless classic that will never go out of style. I wanted to take my basic Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies and do something a little more fancy with them, so I made these Chocolate Chip Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies. To make these, you will make my cookies, and then dip them halfway in melted chocolate. I then like to decorate them with some edible gold balls, sprinkles or even crushed nuts. These are super easy but also beautiful cookies that are great to give as a gift.
Here are some tips for making my Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies:
- I like to use a mixer for making these cookies just to make things easier, but this is definitely a cookie recipe that can easily be mixed by hand.
- Be sure not to overbake these cookies. If you bake them too long, you will be left with dry, crumbly cookies that may not hold up to the chocolate dipping.
- Don’t forget to let the cookies cool before you dip them in the chocolate! If you do not let them cool enough, they will probably fall apart when you dip and decorate them.
- I like to decorate these cookies with the edible gold balls simply because I think they look pretty. If you would rather use sprinkles, nuts or even just leave them plain, that will work too.
- The dough for these cookies can be made ahead of time and then frozen until you are ready to use it. To do this, just make the dough and then roll it into balls. Freeze the dough balls in the freezer bag for up to 3 months.
You will need these ingredients to make these beautiful cookies:
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper or grease it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda. Roll the dough into 12 equal sized balls and place them on the baking sheet. Using a fork, press the cookies down slightly in 2 directions creating a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the edges are set. Allow the cookies to cool.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl by microwaving them at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Dip each cookie in the chocolate and then lay them on a piece of wax paper. Decorate with edible gold balls, sprinkles or nuts if desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!