Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in a rut when it comes to ideas for quick side dishes for dinner. It feels like an endless loop – salad, fresh veggies, baked or mashed potatoes, rice and repeat! These Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes are something a little different that your family will love, and they take less than 15 minutes to prepare. These would go great with so many different dishes, and they can be modified with any toppings that you like (hello, candied bacon!).
Here are some tips for making my Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Cook the potatoes whatever way you like. If I am going to mash my sweet potatoes, cooking them in the microwave makes the most sense. It only takes a few minutes, I don’t heat my entire house up, and there are no dishes to wash. If you would rather roast your potatoes in the oven or even boil them, that’s fine!
- I like to make my mashed sweet potatoes in the food processor because it is so very easy, and because my family likes them very smooth. You could use a potato masher or a fork to mash your depending on the consistency that you prefer.
- This is a very basic recipe that is delicious as is, but can also be modified with endless delicious extras. You could add bacon on top of these, many different seasonings, maple syrup or even top the finished potatoes with marshmallows and stick them under your broiler for an amazing treat!
These are some recipes that I think would go great with this one:
Check out these products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash your potatoes and pat dry. Pierce the potatoes 3-4 times with a fork. Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave using the "potato" button. If you do not have a potato button, microwave for 7 minutes, and then cook in 30 second increments as needed. Ensure the potatoes are fork tender and then remove from the microwave.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and discard. Place the potatoes in a food processor or blender. Add the butter, milk and salt and puree until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan