Alright, y’all! I am officially ready for fall! All of our exciting summer plans have come and gone, and I am ready for some cooler weather (surprisingly, Missouri summers are pretty brutal!). Today, I thought that maybe if I made a fall themed dessert, I could trick myself into thinking that fall was already here. I decided to make this Pumpkin Crumb Cake with Glaze, and let me just tell you – it is amazing! Save this recipe, because it just might be your new favorite pumpkin dessert.
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- I typically use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe, but you can use fresh pumpkin puree if you would like. Canned is really just so much easier in my opinion!
- Keep a close eye on your cake when you are baking it. You don’t want to over cook this cake and dry it out. 40 minutes was the perfect baking time in my oven. You will want to remove it from the oven as soon as the center is set.
- The glaze on this cake is definitely one of the best parts, but if you would like something that is a little less sweet, maybe for a breakfast or brunch type dish, you can leave the glaze off and this will still be fantastic.
These are some products I recommend for my Pumpkin Crumb Cake with Glaze:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Pumpkin Crumb Cake with Glaze
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz pure pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cold
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9x13inch baking dish.
- Cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and milk and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Spread the batter out in the baking dish.
For the Crumb Topping
- Combine the brown sugar, flour and salt. Using a fork or a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the cake batter. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes or until the center is set.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar and milk. Pour over the cake.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. Come back soon! – Regan