Horseradish is definitely one of those love it or hate it kind of things. Me? I LOVE it! If you do too, this Steak and White Cheddar Flatbread is just the thing for you! This flatbread has a puff pastry crust, a creamy, cheesy horseradish base, caramelized onions, thin sliced steak and fresh tomatoes. This is a great recipe to enjoy as a meal or it could also be sliced into smaller pieces and served as an appetizer. Try this recipe out today!
Here are some tips for making my Steak and White Cheddar Flatbread:
- If you would prefer for your steak to be more rare, wait and add it to the flatbread when there is about 10 minutes of cooking time left. My husband prefers his steak cooked nearly well done, while I am a rare done girl myself, so I will sometimes add half of the steak in the beginning and half later.
- You can use your favorite cut of meat for this recipe. I will use whatever I have on hand that day and today just happened to be sirloin.
- If you don’t love the horseradish flavor as much as I do, feel free to cut back on it as much as you would like.
- Fresh arugula would also be great on top of this if you are looking for a fresh topping!
These are the ingredients you will need for this delicious recipe:
- Olive oil
- Puff pastry
- Sirloin steak
- White cheddar
- Lemon juice
I recommend the following products to make this flatbread:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Steak and White Cheddar Flatbread
- 1 puff pastry thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 8 oz sirloin steak
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 oz white cheddar shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp horseradish
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking dish with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and sliced onions. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are brown and caramalized. Push the onions to one side of the skillet. Season the steak with the salt and pepper and sear the steak for 30 seconds on each side in the skillet. Remove the steak and onions from the skillet.
- Using a rolling pin or a glass, roll the puff pastry dough out until it is approximately 11in x 14 in. Place the dough on the prepared baking dish. Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. Brush a thin layer of the egg mixture all over the puff pastry. Discard the extra egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish. Spread this mixture over the puff pastry. Top the cheese mixture with the caramalized onions. Slice the steak into very thin pieces and place those on top of the onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Top with the sliced tomatoes when done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Asparagus, Brie and Prosciutto Tart, Chipotle Chicken Flatbread, Steak and Potato Foil Packs or my Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Flatbread.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!