Finding a recipe that is quick, easy, healthy, delicious AND low carb can seem almost impossible at times. This Easy Caprese Stuffed Chicken is all of those things! Making this is as simple as cutting a pocket in a few chicken breasts, stuffing them with some fresh ingredients, seasoning them and baking them. This chicken pairs well with some fresh vegetables, a salad, rice or fresh pasta.
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- Use the full size thick chicken breasts for this recipe. I like to use thin chicken breast cutlets in a lot of my recipes, but this is not one of them. You will need a thick piece of chicken for this that is substantial enough to be stuffed with a lot of delicious ingredients.
- Be sure to use fresh mozzarella and basil. There are so few ingredients in this recipe, so the quality of the ones that are used is very important! If you really love basil (I do!) stuff an extra leaf in each chicken breast!
- Go as light or heavy as you like with the balsamic glaze! We absolutely love the stuff, so I drench my chicken in it!
Here are some products that I recommend for my Easy Caprese Stuffed Chicken:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts about 1.5 lbs
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- 4 basil leaves
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic glaze for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375° and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or grease it.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the center of each chicken breast. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Put equal amounts of tomato slices, mozzarella slices and basil leaves inside of each piece of chicken. Use toothpicks to close the pockets on the chicken as much as you can. Season each piece of chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the balsamic glaze.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes, and I hope you come back soon. – Regan