Penne Alla Vodka is one of those dishes I think of when I think of something that I would order at an old school Italian restaurant. Now, I am not going to claim that my recipe is old school, because I know those guys all have their secret recipes and ingredients that I know nothing about. What I will say is that my recipe for Penne All Vodka is incredibly delicious, super quick, so easy and it absolutely satisfies my pasta cravings.
Please let me know how this dish turns out for you, and please enjoy!
Penne Alla Vodka
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
- Heat a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and diced onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes, or until the onion has become translucent.
- Add the vodka and crushed tomatoes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Toss with the cooked penne and enjoy!