I am always searching for great halloween gift ideas that aren’t just candy. Don’t get me wrong, halloween candy is an amazing thing, but I feel like these days kids get SO MUCH of it! With us having four kids, the amount of candy that comes home from all of the parties and trick-or-treating is really out of control. This Halloween Monster Popcorn is great for filling gift bags for friends and teachers, giving to trick-or-treaters, serving at parties or just for enjoying at home.
Here are some tips for making my Halloween Monster Popcorn:
- Get the ultra, mega, super, movie theater, artery clogging buttered popcorn. Now is not the time to try to make healthy choices. I mean you are making candy coated popcorn, after all. The buttery flavor really is important for this popcorn, so don’t skimp!
- I like using vanilla almond bark, because it melts very easily but doesn’t burn easily. It also goes on smooth and covers the popcorn evenly. If you can not find almond bark, or if you would rather use white chocolate chips or candy melts, they will work fine too.
- This popcorn can be modified with whatever color food coloring or sprinkles you would like to use. Make this for thanksgiving, Christmas, St. Patricks Day, Valentines day or really any time! I would love to see how you get creative with this!
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Halloween Monster Popcorn
- Large mixing bowl, medium microwave safe bowl, 3 small mixing bowls, wax paper, rubber spatula and 3 small spoons.
- 3.29 oz bag microwave popcorn buttered
- 20 oz almond bark or white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- neon green, orange and purple GEL food coloring be sure it is gel!
- ½ cup halloween sprinkles
- Spread out a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Pop the popcorn according to the package directions. Pour the popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Put the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing in between, until it is smooth and melted.
- Pour half of the melted almond bark over the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Pour ½ of the sprinkles over the popcorn a mix again. Spread the popcorn out on the wax paper or foil.
- Separate the remaining almond bark in 3 small bowls. These will be your colored drizzle. To the first bowl of almond bark, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and a few drops of green food coloring. Mix well and add more food coloring if needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a LITTLE more vegetable oil. Drizzle this over the popcorn. Repeat this process for the orange and purple.
- Top the popcorn and colored drizzles with the remaining sprinkles. Allow the almond bark to harden before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you make it back soon! – Regan