I love an easy healthy recipe, and this one is just that! My Fresh & Easy Pasta Primavera is a quick recipe that is a great way to have a delicious and healthy meal that is pack full of nutritious veggies. Red bell pepper, carrot, onion, broccoli, tomatoes, garlic and just a hint of lemon come together with whole grain pasta to create a delicious pasta dish. Make a change from the heavy high-calorie pastas and try this lighter version out today!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Feel free to swap out the whole grain penne pasta for any of your favorite pastas. I almost always use whole grain, but you definitely do not have to.
- Make this recipe your own by using any of your favorite vegetables and leaving out any that you aren’t fond of. This is a great way to clean out your fridge and use up those vegetables you bought with no real plan for them (I do this all the time!).
- If you are looking for a meal with a little more protein, you can always add any meat that you would like to this dish. Chicken, fish, shrimp or so many other things would be great with this.
- I like shaved parmesan with this pasta because it does not melt completely in. If you only have grated or shredded parmesan on hand, you can use that with no problem.
Products I recommend for this My Fresh & Easy Pasta Primavera:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Fresh & Easy Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz whole grain penne pasta Boiled and drained according to package instructions
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ red onion halved and sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into "matchsticks"
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 15 salad tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shaved
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, red onion, carrot and bell pepper. Sautee until the vegetables are just beginning to become soft. Add the broccoli and sautee for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and sautee for 3 minutes longer. Squeeze in the lemon juice and toss together.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and then fold in the shaved parmesan. Enjoy!