Imagine this – it’s a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in July and your wake up to the smell of fresh Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins downstairs. You head on down, pour a hot cup of coffee and dig in to one of the still hot muffins. Perfection! That is totally a daydream for me, because if I want muffins I will definitely be the one making them. That’s okay though, because these are completely worth it! These Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins combine fresh lemon, sweet blueberry and a fantastic streusel topping to create the perfect summer breakfast, snack, dessert or whatever!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Take advantage of the fresh summer blueberries! I like to stock up when they are fresher (and cheaper) in the summer and store them in the freezer until I am ready to use them. Frozen blueberries will work fine in this recipe.
- You can line the muffin tins with paper cups, silicone cups or even just grease the pans. Whatever works best for you is fine!
- Don’t skimp on the streusel topping! This is what really makes these muffins special. That sweet, crispy, crumbly perfection will have you wanting more and more!
- Stop mixing the batter as soon as it is well combined. Over mixing can lead to dense tough muffins.
- Bake these muffins JUST until they are done. No one wants a dry muffin!
Products I recommend for this my Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries divided
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line or grease 15 muffin cups.
- Cream together the melted butter and granulated sugar. Add in the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, eggs and sour cream. Beat together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Scoop equal amounts of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle the remaining cup of blueberries on top of the batter and set aside.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Use a fork to cut in the softened butter until a crumbly mixture has formed. Sprinkle the streusel over the muffins and bake for approximately 20 minutes.