Imagine this – it’s a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in July and your wake up to the smell of fresh Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins downstairs. You head on down, pour a hot cup of coffee and dig in to one of the still hot muffins. Perfection! That is totally a daydream for me, because if I want muffins I will definitely be the one making them. That’s okay though, because these are completely worth it! These Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins combine fresh lemon, sweet blueberry and a fantastic streusel topping to create the perfect summer breakfast, snack, dessert or whatever!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Take advantage of the fresh summer blueberries! I like to stock up when they are fresher (and cheaper) in the summer and store them in the freezer until I am ready to use them. Frozen blueberries will work fine in this recipe.
- You can line the muffin tins with paper cups, silicone cups or even just grease the pans. Whatever works best for you is fine!
- Don’t skimp on the streusel topping! This is what really makes these muffins special. That sweet, crispy, crumbly perfection will have you wanting more and more!
- Stop mixing the batter as soon as it is well combined. Over mixing can lead to dense tough muffins.
- Bake these muffins JUST until they are done. No one wants a dry muffin!
Products I recommend for this my Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries divided
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line or grease 15 muffin cups.
- Cream together the melted butter and granulated sugar. Add in the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, eggs and sour cream. Beat together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Scoop equal amounts of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle the remaining cup of blueberries on top of the batter and set aside.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Use a fork to cut in the softened butter until a crumbly mixture has formed. Sprinkle the streusel over the muffins and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Blueberry Smoothie, Birthday Cake Muffins, Chocolate Chip Muffins or my Cheesecake Berry Trifle.
3 thoughts on “Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins – Perfect for Summer!”