When I started writing this blog, I never considered the amount of food that I would be surround by at all times. It seems like that should have been an obvious thought, but whatever… Today, I finally realized that I need to find some people to force all of this food on. Don’t get me wrong, it is delicious, but when I make something like I did today, I just want to keep coming back for more! These Lemon “Brownies” with Lemon Glaze will have you hooked! They have the sweet and sour taste of lemon bars, but the texture and consistency of a super fudgy brownie and a lemon glaze to top it all off.
When making these Lemon “Brownies” with Lemon Glaze, you will definitely want to be sure to use fresh lemon juice. The flavor will be noticeably better. I used pretty large lemons, and it only took two to get the amount of juice and zest that I needed. I used sour cream in this recipe to help the brownies stay moist for longer than they would without. Also, the cornstarch helps to give these brownies their amazing texture. Be very careful not to overbake these brownies, otherwise they will end up being dry. It took mine exactly 23 minutes, and they were perfectly moist. I really hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
These are some products that I recommend for my Lemon “Brownies” with Lemon Glaze:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Lemon “Brownies” with Lemon Glaze
For the Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and preheat your oven to 350º.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together melted butter and granulated sugar. Add in eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and sour cream and mix well. Add flour, salt and cornstarch and combine but do not overmix.
- Bake brownies for 22-25 minutes being careful not to overbake.
- When the brownies are done, make the glaze. Mix together the confectioners sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the glaze over the brownies and spread slightly if needed to be sure there is even coverage. Allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
This post may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you so much for your support!