If you have never heard of mug cakes before, it’s time to come out from whatever rock you have been living under. Mug cakes are the perfect thing for when that dessert craving hits at 10pm, and you need something quick! This Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Mug Cake is ready to eat in 5 minutes and you will only dirt up 1 mug when making it. A decadent peanut butter cake with a melted chocolate center is just minutes away!
Tips for making my Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Mug Cake:
- Use whatever peanut butter you have on hand. I just happened to grab the traditional creamy stuff for this recipe, but you can use crunchy, all natural or really whatever you want.
- The batter will look very lumpy at first. Don’t worry! Keep on mixing and it will all smooth out very quickly.
- Do not over microwave the mug cake. If you feel that yours isn’t quite done after 50 seconds (I found this to be just the right amount of time), microwave it in 15 second increments until it is done.
- I like having the melted chocolate (lava) center, but if you don’t want to shove all of those chocolate chips in the center of the cake, feel free to just mix them in. It will be delicious this way too!
- Make sure your mugs are microwave safe. These mugs are a great choice, but you probably have something on hand that will work. A small bowl or ramekin would also be fine.
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put all of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips in a microwave safe mug. Mix together for about 2 minutes, or until the batter is smooth. Push the chocolate chips down in the center of the cake. Microwave for 50 seconds. Let cool for 2 minutes before eating.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Butterfinger Crunch Bars, Everything Bars or my Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Chocolate Glaze (I really like peanut butter!)