This Chicken Francese is a quick and easy dish to make that will remind you of a meal from a nice restaurant. The chicken is thinly sliced, breaded and pan fried and the sauce comes together in just a matter of minutes. In the end, you are left with delicious tender chicken bathing in a super flavorful lemon white wine sauce. This chicken goes nicely with a crisp salad, fresh steamed veggies, rice or your favorite pasta. Save some time and money and make this delicious restaurant quality meal at home.
How to Make This Dish
To make my Chicken Francese, you will slice your chicken thin and then dredge it in flour and then egg. Next you will melt some butter in a large skillet and pan fry the chicken (this doesn’t take long!). You will then put the chicken to the side, and make the sauce. Allow the sauce to thicken and the alcohol to cook off for a bit and then add the chicken back in. Sprinkle with a little fresh parsley and finally, enjoy!
Tips for Making This Recipe
Do NOT overcook the chicken
Use a dry white wine, like Pinot Grigio. The wine does not have to be expensive!
Be sure to give the sauce time to thicken. The alcohol will also cook off during this time.
If you really like that lemon flavor, serve this with some wedges for squeezing.
Recipes that will go well with this dish
Arugula, lemon and shaved parmesan salad – Hungry Six
Products that I recommend for my Chicken Francese
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced thin
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ lemon sliced thin
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup dry white wine like pinot grigio
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- In a shallow dish, combine the ½ cup flour, salt and pepper. In a second shallow dish beat the eggs with the water.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and then in the egg mixture. Fry eash piece of chicken in the butter for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until the exterior is brown and the chicken is cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- When all of the chicken is cooked, add the lemon slices, lemon juice and white wine to the skillet. Combine the 1 tbsp of flour and chicken broth in a separate small bowl and whisk together. Add to the skillet and whisk everything together. Allow the sauce to cook down for approximately 10 minutes, or until it has begun to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook slightly to reheat the chicken. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my: Bruschetta Chicken, Grilled Spatchcock Chicken, slow cooker lemon cream chicken or my Smothered Pork Chops.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe in the comments below. Please do not forget to select a star rating as well. Thank you, and happy cooking!
4 thoughts on “Chicken Francese – Quick with Lemon & White Wine Sauce”