There aren’t many desserts that scream summer more than angel food cake with fresh berries. Add some no-bake cheesecake filling to that combo and you have what one could only call perfection. This Berry Cheesecake Trifle is a beautiful red white and blue dessert that is just what your Fourth of July or Memorial Day party needs, but it would really be amazing at any time of year! This trifle comes together in just 10 minutes, and no baking is required, so you can get right back to your summer fun as quickly as possible!
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you have a favorite angel food cake recipe, use it! If you don’t have a go-to recipe or if you want to simplify this recipe, feel free to use a store bought cake.
- Strawberries and blueberries are the two fruits that I like best in this trifle, but go ahead and use whatever fruits you love the most.
- If you are planning to serve this dessert to a large group of people, or if you just want extra for yourself, feel free to double this recipe. Simply add additional layers of the same ingredients.
- I recommend using a trifle dish for this recipe, but you can really use any container that you want. Clear glass dishes allow for the prettiest presentation, but this trifle is going to taste great no matter what it is served in!
Products I recommend for my Cheesecake Berry Trifle:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake Torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pt blueberries
- 1 pt strawberries capped and sliced
- Using your mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Add in the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Put half of the angel food cake pieces in the bottom of a large bowl or trifle dish. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top and put the blueberries on top of that. Put the other half of the cake pieces on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture on top. Finish by putting the strawberries on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.