This Snickerdoodle Cookie Skillet is the perfect dessert to whip up in a short time and then top with some ice cream and caramel sauce and share it with your family! This dessert is quick and easy to make, and clean up is also super easy because it is made in just one skillet. You will fall in love with the cinnamon sugar topping on this giant cookie, and your family will fall in love with YOU for making it!
Here are some tips for making my Snickerdoodle Cookie Skillet:
- If you do not have a skillet, this can also be made in a baking dish. The only thing you would do differently is melt the butter in the microwave before dumping it in to the dish. You would not use the stove top at all for this method.
- This same recipe can also be used to make individual snickerdoodle cookies. To do this, you will roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar. You would not need to additional 2 tablespoons of butter for this method.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie:
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cream of tartar
- Baking soda
- Ice cream and caramel sauce for topping
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Skillet
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the 1 cup of butter and melt. Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the 1½ cup sugar. Allow to cool for a couple minutes and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Whisk gently until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Sprinkle the ¼ cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon over the cookie dough. Pour the 2 tbsp melted butter on top of that. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!