Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favorite appetizers to order at a restaurant. I could probably eat the whole order of it on my own, to be honest. I wanted to take those amazing ingredients and flavors and make a main dish out of it. There’s no reason all of that creamy deliciousness has to be contained to just the first course! This Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta is made completely in you pressure cooker for an easy meal with even easier clean up!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I like to use diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could make this even easier by using shredded rotisserie chicken. To do this, leave the chicken out until after the pasta has cooked. You will add the chicken in at the same time as the cheeses.
- The crushed red pepper in this recipe is completely optional. To be honest, we like our food pretty spicy, so I use a lot more red pepper than I call for in this recipe. You are welcome to use more, less or even omit it if that’s not your thing.
- Feel free to substitute the penne for whatever pasta you would like to use. You may need to modify the cooking time if you switch the pasta, though. Check you pasta package and find the recommended boiling time. Pressure cook your pasta for half of this time. For example, my penne box said to boil the noodles for 9 minutes (I used whole wheat), so I pressure cooked them for 4 minutes.
Other recipes that will go well with my Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta:
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 12 oz baby spinach
- Turn the instant pot on in the sautee mode. Allow it to heat up, and then add the olive oil, garlic, diced chicken, salt, pepper and artichoke hearts. Sautee, stirring ocassionally, until the chicken has just begun to brown.
- Turn off the instant pot. Add the chicken broth and penne pasta and stir everything together. Place the top on the instant pot and ensure the vent is set to "seal". Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- When the 4 minutes is up, do a quick release and then remove the top. Put the instant pot back in sautee mode. Add the Cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and red pepper. Sautee, stirring constantly until all of the cheeses are melted. Add in the spinach, a little at a time, and stir in until the spinach is wilted. Turn the instant pot off and serve.