I am a seafood lover, but my husband really doesn’t care for it. It’s kind of weird because we both grew up on the Chesapeake Bay in a little town called Mathews, VA. To each his own, I guess. Anyways, my husband is out of town, and I get my seafood fix while he is gone (the last time, I made this Shrimp Summer Salad). I hadn’t had scallops in a while, so I decided to grab some, and throw a quick pasta together.
I typically use whole wheat pastas. I personally think the taste is just as good, and I love that they have less calories and carbs and a lot more fiber. If you would rather use regular pasta, feel free! You could also use zucchini noodles, or another low-carb noodle option for this. For the wine in this recipe, I used chardonnay, but any dry white wine will do.
This is really a very quick and easy dish to prepare, but it still feels like a very elegant dinner. Scallops cook very quickly, so be careful not to overcook yours! To make this, you will cook your pasta, cook the scallops and set them aside, sauté the garlic a little, add the tomatoes and wine and allow the wine to cook down a little. You will then add everything else and toss to combine. That’s really it!
I would love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below letting me know how it turned out!
Scallops Over Angel Hair
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb scallops sea or bay
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine I used chardonnay
- 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes not drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lb whole wheat angel hair pasta cooked according to package instructions
- If you are using sea scallops, cut them into bite-sized pieces. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and cook the scallops for approximately 3 minutes, or until they are opaque. Do not crowd your pan. You may need to cook the scallops in 2 batches to have room. When the scallops are done, transfer them to a plate.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes, or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Combine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid that has accumulated from the scallops, and add them back to the sauce. Add in the chopped parsley and lemon juice. Allow to simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the scallops and sauce and serve.
3 thoughts on “Scallops Over Angel Hair”
Made this tonight for my anniversary, and my wife was so happy! Thank you!