Muffins are such an amazing baked good, because they are perfect for any time of day! It is acceptable to have them for breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert. I shared my recipe for Birthday Cake Muffins a couple weeks ago, and I took that recipe and modified it just slightly to give you this Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe. My kids go crazy for these muffins, and to be honest my husband and I love them as well. Try this recipe out today and your family will love them too!
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- Chocolate chip muffins are always a classic, but these can be modified with whatever you would like. Try nuts, fruit, peanut butter chips or anything else you would like and let me know how it turns out.
- Don’t overwork the muffin batter. You want to mix your ingredients just until they are combined. This is key to keeping light and fluffy muffins.
- If you don’t have baking cups, that’s okay! While they make things much easier, you can manage without. Just be sure to grease your muffin tins very well before putting the batter in.
- Sparkling sugars aren’t completely necessary for these muffins, but they sure do add a special touch! The crunchy/sweet texture and taste that they add really take these muffins to the next level.
Products I recommend for my Chocolate Chip Muffins:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sparkling sugars optional
- Preheat the oven to 375º and line a muffin pan with liners or grease it well.
- Cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add in the milk, vanilla, eggs and sour cream. Whisk together until combined.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine. Do not over mix! Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and fill them almost completely (about 7/8 full). Top liberally with sparkling sugars if desired. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
1 thought on “Chocolate Chip Muffins – The Perfect Bakery Style Breakfast”
These muffins reminded me of the ones at my favorite bakery. Thank you!!