Sometimes I want a crazy, unique and extravagant dinner, and sometimes I just want some crispy potatoes with a little oil, a little salt and a little pepper. This potato recipe is great as is, or it can be modified however you like. Feel free to add in some onions and peppers, some garlic and parmesan or even load the potatoes up with some bacon, cheddar and green onion.
We had these roasted potatoes for dinner with our flank steak with Chimichurri, but you could definitely have these as breakfast potatoes as well. I love that they are roasted and not fried, but they still have that crispy skin!
To make these potatoes, all you need is a baking sheet (I really like these), red potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. You toss the potatoes with the other ingredients, spread them on the pan, roast them until tender, flip them and then broil them until crispy. That’s it!
Simple Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lb red potatoes diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425º and have a large baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, oil, salt and pepper together until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and turn the broiler on high. Use a spatula to flip the potatoes, and then place them under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until they are starting to become brown and crispy.
2 thoughts on “Simple Roasted Potatoes”