Calling all Nutella lovers!! These Nutella Chocolate Chunk Cookies are rich, chocolatey and loaded with that rich chocolate-hazelnut goodness. Making these cookies is quick and easy, and your house will smell AMAZING while they are in the oven! My seven year old son is a self-proclaimed Nutella expert, and even he says that these cookies are “the best thing ever!”.
Here are some tips for making my Nutella Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Don’t over bake them! With chocolate cookies, it can be hard to decide when they are ready to come out of the oven. With these cookies, one of the signs is that they have begun to “crack” on the top (as pictured above). These are really ready as soon as the sides begin to set, though. These cookies will become very dry and crumbly when they have been in the oven too long, so watch out!
- I like the bigger chocolate chunks in this recipe, but you can use any size chocolate chip and it will be fine. You could even use some peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips for a little variety!
- These cookies are good for up to a week at room temperature when stored in an airtight container. This cookie dough is also great to freeze and use later. Just roll it into balls before freezing and then it will be ready to use whenever!
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Nutella Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cream together the melted butter, Nutella and both sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Roll the dough into approximately 20 equal sized balls. The dough will be crumbly before you roll it into balls. This is okay! Place the balls of dough on the baking sheets and bake for approximately 14 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan