Comfort food for me is anything meaty, cheesy and saucy, and pasta is definitely in my top spot. This Easy Cheesy Taco pasta is the perfect meal for those days when you just need some delicious, satisfying comfort food. This is a dish that a lot of kids will enjoy, and it is quick and simple to make, so it is the perfect weeknight family dinner. We like to top ours with some extra hot salsa, sour cream, extra shredded cheese and sometimes cilantro. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- Another ground meat would be fine in this recipe. If you have a hunter in the family, like I do, ground venison would be great in this. You could also use ground turkey.
- Any pasta would really work here, but I prefer to use one that is bite sized. I typically use shells, penne, rotini, farfalle, macaroni or even trumpets (as pictured). I also tend to use whole wheat pasta, but that is completely personal preference. Either way, whatever you have on hand will be fine!
- You can adjust the heat in this recipe with the salsa that you use. I use either a medium or hot salsa. If you like it spicy, use a hot salsa, and if you like it mild, well you know…
These are some products I recommend for my Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 oz chunky salsa
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 12 oz bite sized pasta like shells, penne, bowtie, trumpets, etc.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the ground beef, while crumbling, until browned. Drain any excess grease and return to skillet. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the salsa, beef broth and taco seasoning. Allow to simmer.
- Boil and drain the pasta according to the package instructions. Add the meat/salsa mixture to the pasta and combine. Add the sour cream and cheddar cheese and mix until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan