Have you ever made Muddy Buddies, or Puppy Chow around the holidays? If so, you are probably a huge chocolate and peanut butter fan like myself. If you have made Muddy Buddies before, you probably know that the VERY BEST bites are those clumps that get stuck together. Those clumps always have more chocolate and peanut butter in them, and they are SOOOO GOOD! I decided to simplify the Muddy Buddy recipe, while also ensuring that each bite is that amazing ratio of chocolate and peanut butter to cereal that I love. Try out my Muddy Buddy Bars recipe today!
Here are some tips for making my Puppy Chow Bars:
- Pro tip: you DO NOT need the name brand cereal for this recipe! It is essentially just a vehicle for the more important ingredients, and its main purpose is to add that element of “crunch”. Now is the time for the store brands and saving a buck!
- This recipe can easily be cut in half, doubled or even tripled. Whatever works for you and your plans!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this easy chocolate and peanut butter treat:
- Chex cereal
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Confectioners sugar
I recommend the following products for this Muddy Buddy Bars Recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Muddy Buddy Bars
- 8 cups Chex cereal crushed
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar separated
- Crush your Chex cereal in a large freezer bag using a rolling pin or cup or by putting them into your food processer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing in between, until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted. Mix together fully.
- Pour the crushed cereal into a large mixing bowl. Add in the chocolate and peanut butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Add in ½ cup of the confectioners sugar. Stir to combine.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish and spread the cereal mixture out in the baking dish. Press down slightly. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup confectioners sugar on top. Allow to cool and harden before enjoying.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Crack – Saltine Cracker Candy, Welcome Home Bars – Easy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars or my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies – Fudgy & Delicious!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you for your support!