I always go to the grocery store with the healthiest of plans. I buy all of these fruits and vegetables and then we only eat a portion of them before they have gone bad. I feel like bananas are the worst about turning brown before we get around to eating them. Well, I’ve got a use for all of those brown bananas! This Banana Bread with Streusel Topping uses two overripe bananas, and it is the moistest banana bread you will ever have. It also has a decadent streusel topping because, why not?!
I love to make this bread to give to friends and neighbors, or to serve when we will have friends over for breakfast or brunch. It is also just great to have around so you can grab a slice to go with your morning coffee. You could also make multiple loaves and freeze them to have later. Either way, enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Banana Bread with Streusel Topping recipe:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Sour cream
I recommend the following products for this recipe with 2 ripe bananas:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 brown bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- To make bread – Using a mixer, combine the melted butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until ingredients are well combined. Add sour cream and bananas and fold in.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and set aside.
- To make streusel topping – in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add softened butter and cut it in using a fork until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter. Bake the bread for approximately 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!