I can not think of a flavor combination that I like better than chocolate and peanut butter. It is by far my biggest weakness as far as food goes. I am pretty much addicted to Reese’s, and don’t even get me started on those Reese’s eggs that are in my face every time I leave my house this time of year. Another thing that I REALLY love, is a nice fudgy maybe even gooey brownie. So, I got to thinking – and the result is these fudgy peanut butter swirl brownies.
Not only do these brownies have a peanut butter swirl, but they also have both peanut butter and chocolate chips inside. If you have only ever made brownies from a box, just give these a try! They really don’t take much more time, and you will be so happy with the finished product! I used a creamy peanut butter for these. Crunchy peanut butter would be fine as well. If you only have a natural peanut butter on hand, that will work as well, but you may want to increase the amount of salt that you use in the brownie batter. Looking back on these, the only think that I wish I had done differently was top them with some vanilla ice cream when they were hot out of the oven.
These are the ingredients that you will need for these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies:
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Peanut butter
- Confectioners sugar
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together melted butter and granulated sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add: flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix only until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix just until combined. Pour brownie batter into the greased dish and set aside.
- To make peanut butter swirl – put the peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until the peanut butter is melted. Add the confectioners sugar and mix well. Drizzle all of the peanut butter mixture over the brownie batter. Using the tip of a knife, create swirls of peanut butter in the brownie batter. This does not need to be perfect!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of your brownies are set. If you prefer a more gooey brownie, you want to bake for less time, more if you liked your more firm. Let cool for at least 20 minutes. Enjoy
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!