Here is it: bourbon, bacon, biscuits, butter and brown sugar. Shew! Okay, so… have you guys ever seen that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda can’t stop eating the cake? She throws the cake away and then just ends up eating it out of the trash can. Well this is that good. I was honestly thinking about throwing it away just so that I would stop eating it, but I was honestly afraid someone was going to catch me leaned over the trash can trying to get just one more bite!
I have been trying to come up with an Easter brunch idea. I wanted something indulgent, but also something with a twist. So, I was going through my house looking for some inspiration when I noticed a bottle of bourbon I just got my husband. He kept talking about how great it was, and then it came to me! This bread has a perfect balance of sweet and salty, and it is just right for sharing. Try to use a somewhat higher quality bourbon as the flavor will come out in an unpleasant way if you go cheap on this. We are all about Angel’s Envy right now.
Please let me know what you think and enjoy!
Five "B" Bread
- 10 strips bacon
- 2 cans biscuits 15oz/each
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a metal bundt pan.
- Cook and crumble your bacon. While the bacon is cooking, cut each biscuit into quarters.
- When the bacon is done, put the biscuits, bacon, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a large freezer bag. Shake the bag gently until the biscuits and bacon are coated with sugar and cinnamon. Dump the biscuit mixture into the greased bundt pan.
- Melt the butter in a small mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and bourbon and mix well. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the biscuits. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through.
- Let rest for five minutes and then flip bread upside down on a dish. Enjoy!