Breakfast time on the weekend is one of my favorite times. We are always so busy during the week, and breakfast is almost always a very rushed experience. Honestly, I hardly ever find the time to eat until way after lunch time. When the weekend rolls around, though, and we are all home, we take advantage of that meal time that we have together. These potatoes were something that I came up with just based on what I had to work with. I am pretty sure they are going to be appearing in our breakfast rotation very often!
This recipe can easily be cut in half, doubled or even more based on how many people you are feeding. I used gold potatoes, because that is what I had on hand, but feel free to use whatever kind you have. This would be a great option for an Easter brunch, or even a weeknight dinner. Whenever you eat them – you won’t be disappointed!
If sour cream is your thing, you should absolutely throw some on top. Please let me know how they turn out for you, and enjoy!
Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
- 6 gold potatoes approximate
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 450º and have a small casserole dish ready.
- Chop bacon, and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until brown and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan and put on a paper towel lined plate.
- Dice potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Toss to combine. Add bacon and green onion and toss to combine once more.
- Put the potato mixture into the casserole dish and cook for about 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook for 5 more minutes. Top with sour cream if desired and enjoy.