This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is the perfect comfort food, and it only takes a few minutes to throw it all together. You just put the six simple ingredients in the crock pot, set it and forget it! This soup is creamy and absolutely satisfying on a cool day. We like to top ours with shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, sour cream and green onion.
Here are some tips for making my Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- If you would rather use fresh diced potatoes in this recipe, they would be delicious as well. This is one of those recipes that I love to make when we want a delicious dinner, but time is tight. Because of that, I like using the frozen diced potatoes just because it is so easy.
- This soup freezes well, and it will keep in the freezer for up to three months. When we have leftovers, I just let them cool overnight in the refrigerator and then label the soup and stick it in the freezer for a quick and easy meal for another day.
- I usually throw this together in the morning, and cook it on low for about 8 hours. You could also cook this in the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours, or on the stove top at a simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
These are some products that I recommend for making this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Slow cooker
- 32 oz frozen diced potatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Bacon, cheese, green onion and sour cream optional, for topping (not included in nutrition info)
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan