This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the perfect combination of two of the best comfort foods. Chilly fall and winter nights always have me craving creamy, warm and hearty meals, and this soup is the perfect way to satisfy that desire. Loaded with chicken, peas, carrots, potatoes and onions – this is an easy to make soup that will leave you full and cozy. Serve this with some warm biscuits and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- I like to use a store bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe, simply because of ease and convenience. Feel free to use any cooked and shredded chicken that you would like. This is also a great way to use leftover turkey. Simply replace the chicken with turkey and you will have “Turkey Pot Pie Soup”.
- If you would rather use fresh veggies in place of the frozen, that is fine. You may want to add them ahead of time with the onion and celery to be sure that they are cooked and tender.
- You can add any of your other favorite vegetables to this soup. Some great options are mushrooms and green onions. I would love to hear about anything else that you decide to add to this!
- If you have any of this soup leftover, it can easily be frozen for later. Allow the soup to cool overnight in the refrigerator and then move to the freezer for up to 3 months.
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 medium gold potatoes diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, celery and potatoes. Sautee until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and sautee 2 minutes longer. Whisk in the flour and cook until the flour has browned slightly.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium low and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the chicken, corn and peas and carrots. Allow to simmer for approximately 10 more minutes. Serve with warm biscuits if desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan