If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover like myself, this Easy Chocolate Butterfinger Cake is just for you! An easy to make decadent devil’s food cake is made even more indulgent with chocolate syrup, an easy peanut butter topping and crushed Butterfingers. This is a great dessert for parties and gatherings.
Here are some tips for making my Easy Chocolate Butterfinger Cake:
- To make this recipe easier, I like to use a box of devil’s food cake mix and jazz it up a little. You are welcome to make the cake layer from scratch, but in some recipes, I feel like a box mix is just as delicious.
- I also like to make this same recipe with Reese’s sometimes. I really just love any candy that is a chocolate peanut butter combination. Get creative with this recipe and let me know what you decide to top yours with!
- If you want to take this cake to the next level, you can top it with come additional chocolate syrup or even with some peanut butter syrup!
- I have included pictures of the “poking” process for this recipe. I have a wooden spoon with the perfect size handle. You can use anything that will make circular indentions in the cake as shown below.
I recommend the following products for making this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Butterfinger Cake
- 1 15.25oz box devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping cool whip
- 8 oz Butterfinger Bites (crushed) the unwrapped ones in a bag – they are easier to crush
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 13 x 9 inch dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, eggs and milk. Mix just until combined and pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 32-34 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and use the handle of a wooden spoon, or a similar sized object to poke holes throughout the cake approximately 1 inch apart. Spread the chocolate syrup over the cake and allow it to cool completely.
- When the cake is cooled, whip the peanut butter and cool whip together until well combined. Spread over the cake. Sprinkle with the crushed Butterfingers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Butterfinger Cookie Crunch Bars, Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies or my Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Chocolate Glaze.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
1 thought on “Easy Chocolate Butterfinger Cake – For Peanut Butter Lovers!”