Is it just me, or are fresh summer tomatoes at least a million times better than the ones from the grocery store during the winter? I grabbed a bunch of beautiful tomatoes from a local farmstead the other day, so I decided to make myself a quick, healthy and simple lunch with a couple of them today. This recipe is really intended to be a side dish, but sometimes it’s really all I want for a light meal. These Baked Parmesan Tomatoes can also be an easy and delicious appetizer. Making this recipe is very easy – you will slice your tomatoes into thick slices, top them with seasonings and parmesan and drizzle them with a little oil. Then just bake them until they are hot and the cheese is melty and enjoy!
Tips for making my Baked Parmesan Tomatoes:
- The bigger the better when selecting tomatoes for this recipe! This is a great recipe for those huge beefsteak tomatoes from your garden.
- Slice your tomatoes into thick slices. If you go too thin, the slices may fall apart.
- Feel free to add any of your other favorite herbs. Just a hint of oregano is all I wanted, but get creative with it!
- If you are really feeling crazy, drizzle a little balsamic glaze over these when they come out of the oven!
A few other recipes these would go great with:
Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Products I recommend for this recipe using fresh tomatoes:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
- 3 large tomatoes
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Trim and discard the tops and stems of each tomato. Slice each tomato into three large slices. Lay the tomato slices on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice with salt, pepper, oregano and the grated cheese. Drizzle the olive oil over all of the tomatoes. Baked in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the parsley if desired.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Bruschetta Chicken, Caprese Pasta Salad, Spicy Zucchini, Corn and Tomato Salad or my Pesto Chicken Caprese Salad.
4 thoughts on “Baked Parmesan Tomatoes – Quick, Easy, Light & Healthy”
Baked Parmesan tomatoes. So simple for so much flavor. Loved it.