There really aren’t many desserts that are better than warm homemade chocolate chip cookies. Something about them just makes me feel like a kid again. My kids (like most others) go crazy for M&M’s, so I decided to take our favorite chocolate chip cookies and add some in to create these Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are so soft, chewy and delicious, that both the kids and adults in your family will be begging you to make them over and over again. These are great for bake sales, parties or just a random weekday. You can also make a large batch of the cookie dough, scoop it, freeze it and save it for later. Go ahead and save this one now, because it may just be your new go-to cookie recipe!
Tips for making Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Although using a mixer makes things a little easier, it isn’t really necessary for this recipe. A couple bowls and a spatula will work just fine.
- I usually use dark brown sugar because it has more of that sweet rich molasses flavor, but light will work just fine as well.
- The secrets to making these cookies ultra chewy is the cornstarch and extra egg yolk. Whatever you do, DO NOT skip those two ingredients!
- Feel free to use just chocolate chips (double up if you are leaving the M&Ms out) or add in any of your other favorite ingredients!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line two large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Cream together the melted butter and both the sugars. Add in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop 24 equal sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Everything Bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, Mini Oreo Cheesecakes or my Brookie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Icing.
1 thought on “Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and Delicious”