Chicken quesadillas are such a common food, but there are so many variations of them. Some of them have very unique and (mostly) delicious ingredients, but in this house, we make a fairly simple version, and we really do think it is the best! This recipe for The Best Chicken Quesadillas takes less than 30 minutes to make 4 large quesadillas, and they have a (not so) secret ingredient that really takes them to the next level – the jalapeño mayo. These are great on their own, or with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, aji picante, queso or pico de gallo.
Here are some tips for making The Best Chicken Quesadillas:
- I like to use fresh chicken when I make this recipe, but you could make this recipe even easier, and have it ready to go even faster by purchasing pre-cooked sliced chicken. You could also use shredded rotisserie chicken.
- If you only have smaller tortillas, you could make more quesadillas that are folded in half, or you could make them “sandwich” style by using 2 tortillas for each.
- These quesadillas could also be made with any other protein that you would like to use. Steak, ground beef, shrimp and fish are all great alternatives!
These are some other recipes that will go great with this one:
Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa
These are some products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
The Best Chicken Quesadilla with Easy Jalapeño Mayo
For the Jalapeno Mayo
- ¾ cup mayonaise
- 3 tbsp juice from pickled jalapeno jar
- 4 tbsp pickled jalapeños minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayene pepper
- ½ tsp salt
For the Quesadillas
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Make the jalapeno mayo by whisking all of the ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the oil and the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and slice into very thin slices.
- Clean out the skillet and then place it back on the stove over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the skillet. Spread 1/4 of the jalapeno mayo over half of the tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the chicken and 1/4 of each cheese. Fold the tortilla in half to close it. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is beginning to brown slightly. Repeat the same process for the rest of the quesadillas.
- Slice and serve with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, pico de gallo or guacamole.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Chicken Taco Cups, Mexican Chicken and Biscuits Skillet, Barbacoa Beef or my Instant Pot Carnitas.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan