Pesto is one of those things that tastes remarkably better when made from scratch rather than a store bought version. It is also a super easy thing to make, so why not?! I decided to change it up a bit with this recipe and make a Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto. Don’t get me wrong, I love a traditional pesto, but this one is just different enough to keep things exciting. Making this pesto takes just a few minutes, and it is delicious when served with so many different things. I like to perk up a basic piece of chicken with this pesto, toss it with some fresh pasta and even slather it on a piece of toast with some avocado and mozzarella. No matter what you do with it, you will be glad you have this pesto on hand!
Tips for making my Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto:
- DO NOT drain the oil from your sun dried tomatoes. This recipe needs oil, so why not use the flavor packed oil that your tomatoes are already soaking in. If you only have sun dried tomatoes without oil on hand, you can use them. You will just need to add some oil to the food processor.
- If your garlic isn’t minced, or your parmesan isn’t grated, it isn’t really a big deal. The food processor should be getting all of these things chopped down so fine anyways that it really won’t matter.
Things this would go great with:
Any meat – chicken in particular
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 10 oz Sun dried tomatoes in oil NOT drained
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup basil packed
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.