Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are definitely one of the most popular pieces of meat used these days for easy dinner recipes. I also love these recipes, but sometimes they leave much to be desired. Boneless, skinless chicken, if not prepared the right way, can be dry, bland and flavorless. This Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Pesto Chicken Melt is none of those things. This dish uses my homemade Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto and fresh mozzarella to create a recipe that is super easy to make and loaded with amazing flavor. Give it a try today!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Be sure that you are using thin chicken breasts. You can either slice chicken breasts horizontally to create thin filets, buy pre-sliced chicken breasts or pound out chicken breasts to make them thinner. Either way, you do not want to use pieces of chicken that are too thick. They would take way too long to cook through.
- Make your own sun dried tomato & basil pesto. It is so very easy to do, and they flavor is a million times better than the store bought stuff. This is my recipe.
- Check on your chicken periodically. Cooking times can vary greatly depending on the thickness of your chicken, the dish you use and your oven.
Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Pesto Chicken Melt would go great with:
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Sun dried Tomato & Basil Pesto Chicken Melt
- 1 cup Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto See link below
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts about 1.5 lbs
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- Grease a large baking dish and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the 4 thin sliced chicken breasts in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Season each piece of chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread the pesto on top of each piece of chicken and top the pesto with slices of the fresh mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.