Taco lovers – this one’s for you! These Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos are served in warm tortillas, filled with a crispy avocado lime slaw and fresh flavorful shrimp and topped with a creamy avocado lime dressing. These will take your Taco Tuesday to a whole other level. Warning: eating these tacos may make you feel like you are on a Mexican vacation. Time to whip up some margaritas!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 medium avocado pit removed and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- water optional
- 2½ cups shredded cabbage and carrots
- 6 taco size tortillas warm
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- Make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Add a little water if desired to reach your preferred consistency.
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots with half of the dressing. Place the slaw and the other half of the dressing in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with the salt and cayenne pepper. Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the shrimp and garlic. Spread the shrimp out and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cilantro and lime juice. Toss to coat the shrimp well.
- Make the tacos by placing the slaw in the tortillas first, then the shrimp and then the avocado lime dressing. Enjoy!