With this Key Lime Pie Smoothie, you can have dessert for breakfast and you don’t need to feel bad about it! This is a refreshing, creamy, sweet, tart, and healthy way to start your day. Fresh lime juice, a banana, greek yogurt, a touch of honey and your favorite milk come together and in just a minute or two you have a breakfast (or dessert) that you can enjoy on the go. If you are crazy busy in the mornings like I am, smoothies are a great breakfast choice for you. They are so quick and easy, and are typically packed with healthy ingredients. This is also a great way to get your kids to have a healthy breakfast!
Tips for making my Key Lime Pie Smoothie:
- I slightly brown banana is best, any ripeness will work, but softer brown bananas will blend more smoothly, and are also better for you!
- Frozen brown bananas are even better! A frozen banana will make this smoothie even creamier than a room temperature one.
- Feel free to use fresh key lime or regular lime juice, or use the bottled stuff. Either will be fine!
- Whatever milk you prefer will work in this recipe. I use almond milk in all of my smoothies, but anything will work!
- Line the rim of your glass with some graham cracker crumbs to make this even more like key lime pie. If you really want to get crazy, you can even top this smoothie with a little whipped cream!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 1 banana peeled
- 2 tbsp key lime juice
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 handful ice
- graham cracker crumbs optional
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a graham cracker crumb rimmed glass if desired.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Blueberry Smoothie, PB&J Smoothie, Orange Cream Smoothie or my Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie.