Chicken is definitely the protein that we use most frequently for dinner. I am all about seafood, but my husband doesn’t love it, and we try to limit the amount of red meat that we eat (though we still love it!). I do try to incorporate meals centered around pork, and also vegetarian meals into our diet, but chicken is our go-to! To avoid falling into a rut of the same old boring chicken dishes, I try to create unique recipes that have lots of flavor and exciting twists to keep things anything but dull. This Chipotle Chicken Flatbread is a great way to change up dinnertime. It is loaded with lots of great veggies, just the right amount of spice and tons of flavor!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Southwest Chicken Salad. Check it out here.
Chipotle Chicken Flatbread
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2-3 chipotles in adobo minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 oz pepperjack cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 10 salad tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 6 tbsp chipotle ranch
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the oil, chicken and bacon to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and onion and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. Add the chipotles and crushed red pepper and sautee for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Tear off a large sheet of parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry on the parchment paper and roll it out until it is approximately 14in x 10in. Move the puff pastry (keeping it on the parchment paper) to a baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water. Brush the egg mixture all over the puff pastry. You will not use all of the egg mixture. Discard the remainder.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the puff pastry. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until the pastry has "puffed" up and the cheese is bubbly.
- Top the flatbread with the avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and chipotle ranch. Slice into 12 pieces and serve.