If meaty, cheesy and saucy are three adjectives that get you a little excited – you have come to the right place! These Jumbo Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are just what the name implies. They are flavorful ground beef meatballs stuffed with fresh mozzarella and baked in a bed of freshly made marinara sauce. All of this may sound like it takes an extreme amount of work to put together, but the meatballs and sauce come together in 10 minutes or less. After that, you just stick them in the oven, wait patiently and enjoy! If you are REALLY hungry, serve these up with some warm pasta, but I like them with a simple side salad or some fresh veggies.
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this easy stuffed meatball recipe:
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Crushed tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Beef broth
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Fresh mozzarella
Keep in mind that these meatballs and sauce could be made ahead of time and frozen. They will be good for up to 3 months in the freezer. Just thaw them out before placing them into the oven.
These are some products that I recommend for my Jumbo Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Jumbo Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1½ cup beef broth
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cut into 4 cubes
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat a large oven safe skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and combine. Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning until well incorporated. Separate into 4 equal portions and create a ball with each. Shove 1 oz of the fresh mozzarella into the center of each ball and ensure that the meat is completely covering the cheese.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet with the sace. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through. Serve the meatballs with the sauce from the skillet.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you make it back soon! – Regan
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. I could make a small commission from them. Thank you so much for your support!